Lorelei-Beaumaris Community Playschool
Tuesday, February 2, 2018 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Are you, or someone you know, looking for a GREAT playschool? We have a highly skilled and experienced teacher with a Bachelor of Education Degree who worked with the Edmonton Catholic School Board since 2006. We have a dedicated parent executive board and a fun filled program!
Classes (9:00am -11:15am)
3-4 year olds - Tuesdays and Thursdays - $90
4 year olds - Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - $135
Bonus: NO Duty Days required!!!!
To register your child please contact Ashley at email@example.com
- Our playschool offers nurturing and caring instruction with a full time teacher as well as a full time teacher’s aide.
- Our program offers learning through play, special visitors, as well as fieldtrips.
- Our classes operate Monday thru Friday and follow the Edmonton Public School calendar.
Our goal for the playschool program is to create a positive, caring and fun-filled environment, where individual gifts and talents are nurtured. Through modeling and co-operative play children will learn how to be kind, respectful and accepting of others. The role of the teacher is to ensure and guide students to grow socially, emotionally and intellectually. Through play based centres students will have the opportunity to expand on their strengths and develop their areas of growth.
Personal and Social Growth
- Responsible for personal belongings
- Being able to get ready by themselves
- Cooperative and learning to share with others
- Learn to use coping strategies by expanding their vocabulary and expressing how they feel through words and/or pictures
Emotional and Physical Growth
- Transition from home to school with ease
- Learn to use effective strategies when feeling angry or frustrated
- Develop fine and gross motor skills through project-based activities and physical, co- operative games
- Encourage healthy lifestyle by making the right eating choices
- Recognise, write and letter sounds
- (Handwriting Without Tears and Animated Literacy)
- Recognise shapes, colours, patterns in our world and number concepts
- Engage in technology-based centres (I-pad/computer)
Creative and Cultural Expression
- Field trips
- Musical bands
- Dramatic play
- Ethnicity week: explore foods, clothing, and traditions
- Crafts, songs and dance
- Project based and hands on activities
The Lorelei-Beaumaris Community Playschool qualifies for the Alberta Stay At Home Parents Subsidy Program